Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The woes being a bridezilla. 6 months before wedding

My wedding venue in Wales

So you might have thought i'm quiet. I have soooo much to do since I came back from Australia which is totally unbelievable. Mainly I absolutely must do my phd (yes working everyday) work work work (work is on the increase at the moment) and wedding.

Last year at this time, many things I thought I needed has been organised. Dress is a tick, rings, tick, venue, tick. And due to the unfortunate incident where the Home Office held our passport up for nearly 3 months, things are not as on track as they should. With me being the sole bearer to the organisation to the event.

We have decided not to have a professional photoshoot in Japan because we definitely have a wedding session in hong Kong. Instead we plan to take our own photos with a tripod and go around the country whenever possible.

so within this month, here's a list what need to be done:
1) hand in notice to marriage. it took us a month just to get an appointment
2) meet hotel to re-arrange the timing of the day. S has a 2nd thought and it is all subject to what the hotel says
3) meet the registrar. decide how long/short the vows can be.
4)booked all makeup artist and hair stylist. Which I am being lazy and just went with the hotel recommmendation
5) re-design the invitation cards. We forgot sth really important. I'll say next time

6 comments:

  1. waaaah craziness! you're doing well, don't worry! i'd be pulling my hair out by now :) you're one cool cat :P Good luck with the rest of haul of journey..

    sorry to hear about the passport situation - what happened? I'm sorry I havent been responding.. i too have been preoccupied with stuff and just been busy o_O do update me.. as for me.. not even started a scratch of planning.

    We had to wait a few weeks for our marriage of notice too. I'm trying to sort out my visa for now since problem with work has put me in a bit of limbo.

    I'm sure everything will go well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nic nic:
    passport grrr. according to HO if I'm marrying a non-british he needs to get a certificate of approval of marriage even before we hand in the notice of marriage. We duly did that and guess what. They hold on to our passport for more than 3 months and we need to go to Croydon to pick it up ourselves. That was 5 days before we left hk...
    anyway we managed to resolve coz S was trying to save money and did not apply for his british passport. so we got an ok from ealing to say we can get married now.

    actually i might need to talk to you. i'm thinking of getting the working-holiday visa for japan before my 30th birthday. that will allow me to work and live in japan for a while. I got a job lined up in tokyo so i'm good. probably you'll see me more often next yr?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the venue looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it seems to be so time-consuming to organize a wedding :/ But the venue is gorgeous :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. 幸福是人人都要,又怎麼可能都歸你所有?要知道這世界幸福本來就不多........................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful venue! I've nominated you for an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin